Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

I'm 30!!!





When we returned from Vegas everyone was so awesome to help me celebrate the big day!  Our cousin Michael spent the whole week with us here in Columbus and we didn't want him to leave! Michael, you come back anytime!  He totally went with the flow of our weekly schedule and made the most awesome cookies ever...Funfetti cookies.  Note: recipe is on the side of the funfetti cake mix, and they are GO...OOD!

Jamers made me an awesome two layer cake!  It was beautiful if I do say so myself!  Cinnamon sent me the most beautiful tulips to work!  They were gorgeous!  Daren surprised me, as always, with my first Juicy Couture sweatsuit.  It's so fancy who knows if I even spelled it right!  I tried one on in Vegas just...well, cause they had a store and I had always wanted to see if I'd like one. They were on a great sale, but I totally thought it looked silly on me.  Whelp, apparently Daren and Ivers thought it was great, so I got one!  I'm really excited about it now!  Just have to get it hemmed, like EVERY other pant item I own.  

THEN...the girls at work totally spoiled me with lunch, cake, decorations, gifts, cards and dinner!  They made me feel extremely special and loved!  Thanks girls!!!

So see, 30 is great!  OH...and how could I forget a funny 30th birthday story!  The day after my birthday we were all leaving work to go to one of my favorites, El Vaquero, otherwise known as The Cowboy for dinner.  A cop pulls up behind me and I instantly know I'm getting pulled over.  No lights, just him riding my bumper and radio'ing in.  So I call my friend Linsey who's sitting in her car right next to me and say "I'm going to get pulled over, just go on to dinner and I'll meet you girls there".  As soon as the light turns green, flashers go on, and of course, we're in the most awkward location right in front of a loading and exit ramp to 270.  At this point, I'm kicking myself for not putting my new sticker on my license plate, I had just thought about it that morning.  He comes to the window and does the ole, "so do you know why I pulled you over?".  I responded with the sticker guess.  Turns out he could tell I had already paid for my sticker, so I was off the hook for that, BUT my license had expired.  "FOR THE LOVE".  Who knew?  I mean, of all people I've gotten a new Ohio license, lets see 1, 2, 3...4 times in the last 10  years.  Don't you think there would have been some renewals some place in there???  Luckily, I didn't have to take any sort of test to get a new one...Michael and I were sweatin' about that one...PHEW!  The police officer said Happy Birthday in the end, I think the beautiful tulips in the front seat of my car helped milk it!

No comments: