Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, August 24, 2008

Becky's Baby Shower

















At the end of July I hosted a baby shower for my best friend Becky! Her sister Anne, friends Amy K, Amy G, Libby and I all had a blast planning this special brunch for our dear friend! The big task I took upon myself was making Cinnamon Rolls from scratch. My friend Vanessa has this great recipe, but lets face it I'm not the best at baking. Luckily, I know this and have embraced it. So the weekend BEFORE the shower I did a trial run. Thank goodness!!! To make a long story short, I ended up skipping an entire side of the recipe card (the part where it teaches you how to roll the cinnamon rolls with the filling). I realized something was missing, but rather than check my email from Vanessa I became upset with her thinking I am not as good of a cook as you Vanessa! Panicking, I franticly started looking through other recipe books. In the end I ended up rolling the dough into balls...don't even ask! It was hilarious! 2nd time around was PERFECT and a hit! Becky is due September 8th, her new little bundle of joy will be here any day now! We cannot wait to meet him!

No comments: